Whew, it’s been several months since the last time I’ve posted here! And sadly, I haven’t progressed with anything because I was too focused on my technical survival side.1
Due to some unfortunate situation back in late March that caused me a long period of downtime2 that I decided to move some of my sites to a new server. Maybe some of these are hobby sites, but the most important once, such as my (upcoming) portfolio, my blogs, and such, were needed to be moved out. If I had some hobby sites like fansites and fanlistings, it won’t be a problem, but sites that deal with important matters such as a professional portfolio needed for job searching and general blogging are needed to be up at all times.
In the beginning, I thought about letting the domain expire, but then I realized that this domain doesn’t expire until April of next year. After more second thoughts, I decided to keep the domain and improve the content and intent of the site.
Here are some of the following changes that I will be making:
- New layout. Most likely, I will be using the same parent theme. Most likely, I will be using the same child theme also. However, I think I will be creating a brand-new child theme for this. I am also in the process of creating a new logo that would replace that plain text that you see above.3
- New content. Most of the time, I usually write about my fic story ideas, my progress in NaNoWriMo if I ever decide to participate, maybe some few tips to writing stories,4 and such. However, the blog itself is not progressing very well, mainly from my end. I am currently studying (or rather updating myself) web development, therefore my writing and site mainting is primarly focused on these two blogs: The ADRICULOUS Life and The NINPOJineous. Please do visit them when you do have time to spare. For the new content, I plan on putting up some select book reviews. I am also currently writing book reviews for the Blogcritics online magazine for the past 6-7 years, but lately I haven’t been reading that many books or that I haven’t found the perfect book for me to review. I may be writing the same reviews and post them here, but it would be more on the reflective side, like writing book reports back in school.
I still have yet to brainstorm on how else I’m going to get this writing site going and what else I should add. I’ve already added a Flash Fic category, but I haven’t really come up with ideas for flash fics. If any, they may probably be fanfic-style flash fics. But again, we’ll see what happens.
And, that would be it for this new entry. More to come later.
On the sidenote...
- Rebuilding my portfolio and finding a new tech job… [↩]
- 1 week… [↩]
- Sure, I’m using a fancy-ish font, but it looks quite plain, especially for a part-time graphic designer as myself, right? [↩]
- not claiming to be a pro or an expert here… [↩]